Develop the commercialization and engineering of product to meet design vision, merchant requirements and company financial goals. Drive the product development and product integrity of merchandise across assigned products. Ensure assigned products achieve the fit, construction and quality requirements to meet customer expectations, brand positioning and are aligned with Design and Merchandising objectives.
- Recommend materials and construction techniques to meet or exceed IMU goals set by Product Line Merchants
- Develop and maintain detailed spec packs from Design hand-off to Production for assigned products; work closely with Design counterpart to ensure design integrity is maintained throughout the product development process
- Manage development samples, including complete sample tracking process, to ensure samples arrive on-time to meet calendar deadlines. Evaluate sample execution with Design and communicate sampling performance with vendors
- Communicate the specification and product details in timely manner with Sourcing partners and vendors, so that they can manage the item costing process
- Communicate daily with cross functional teams and vendors regarding all issues pertinent to accurate execution of samples throughout development process.
- Track all sample approvals for final bulk approval and style file
- Participate in and lead fit sessions and own process of advising/correcting specification packages to meet the design aesthetic & company financial goals, while maintaining the appropriate fit for the EB customer
- Ensure fit intent and fit consistency by adhering to fit standards and block patterns. Maintain all records, style files and samples associated with the product
- Identify and proactively resolve production, quality and cost issues with cross-functional partners prior to the start of Production
- Manage all communication with Vendors related to sample development & fit approval
- Manage commercialization timeline; be able to articulate status of each product from Development through Production, ensuring calendar deadlines are met
- Adhere to seasonal product development sub calendars
- Support department workload by assisting other Product Developers as needed
- Follow current market trends especially in fit and styling to enhance knowledge and therefore affect overall product fit, quality and salability