Assist Material team with aspects of fabric development process under the direction of the Material Manager.
Fabric, Print and Pattern development
• Responsible for print and pattern development, coordinating with Design and overseas suppliers
• Track/Check-in all artwork submits
• Daily communication with overseas vendors on hand-loom and strike-off comments from the team
• Update fabric tracking tool/system with status
• Work within product development calendar adhering to artwork deadlines
• Support Material Manager with data integrity for fabric detail sheets, lab tests, and technology certificates.
• Responsible for making sure Asia production office has swatches of new seasonal fabric developments
• Assist Associate Manager to sort and organize fabric sourcing library bins each season, prep for new season.
• Support team with seasonal trend presentations
• Operate with the highest level of conduct, integrity, and confidentiality; setting the example for leaders and associates.
• Develop and nurture strong cross functional partnerships; driving business results and inspiring a culture of transparency, collaboration, and accountability.
• Serve as an Eddie Bauer advocate in the industry and marketplace.
• 4-year college degree or equivalent work experience
• 1-2 years experience in Textile/Fashion Industry
• Strong presentation and problem-solving skills
• Ability to multitask and be highly effective under pressure in a fast-paced environment
• Effective organizational skills with attention to detail and data integrity
• Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills; comfortable and effective in dealing with conflict
The physical demands described here are representative of those that are required by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; as well as reach with hands and arms.
• The associate must frequently lift and/or move up to 15 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
• Ability to work in open environment with fluctuating temperatures and standard lighting.
• Ability to work on computer and mobile phone for multiple hours; with frequent interruptions.
• Required to travel in elevator or stairwells to attend meetings and engage with associates on multiple floors throughout building.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. As an International Retailer, occasional evening and/or weekend work may be required during periods of high volume. This role operates in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the associate for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to qualified individuals with disabilities to enable them to perform the essential functions of the role.